- 1 box Yellow cake mix
- 1 Large can pineapple rings
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 jar maraschino cherries pitted
Drain can of pineapple rings conserving the liquid.
Drain can of crushed pineapple.
Prepare the cake mix according to directions substituting the water.
Heat butter and brown sugar in a medium saucepan until butter is melted and the mixture well combined.
Using a pastry brush spread butter and brown sugar mixture in the bottom of pans.
Arrange pineapple rings on top of the brown sugar mixture.
Decorate the pineapple rings with cherries.
Pour the cake batter gently over the pineapple and cherries.
This quick pineapple upside-down cake is going to be one of your favorites go-to recipes.
Pineapple upside-down cake
- I add a little crushed pineapple to the areas between the pineapple rings.
- I like to place 1/8 cup of the crushed pineapple into the cake batter after squeezing out all the moisture.
- To ensure the pineapple upside-down cake toppings stays on when you turn it out of the pan I cut a circle of parchment paper to line the bottom of the pan as my first step.
Calories: 374kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 387mg | Potassium: 162mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 55g | Vitamin A: 288IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 131mg | Iron: 1mg