If you are looking for the best peanut butter cookie recipe, you will enjoy this one. Recently I was looking through my mother’s recipe cards and came across her peanut butter cookie recipe.
How to Make Peanut Butter Cookies
This recipe is quick and easy to make. You probably have all the ingredients in your pantry.
This post may contain affiliate links. That means that if you purchase from one of these links, I will make a small commission.
Mom’s delicious recipe is for basic peanut butter cookies.
Mini chocolate chips make a tasty peanut butter cookie mix in.
What Ingredients do I Need to Make These Cookies?
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (mom used shortening)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (extra for rolling the cookies)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg (unbeaten)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Tools and Supplies
- Stand mixer
- Medium bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Half sheet pan
- Cooking rack
- Cookie scoop
Using a stand mixer fitted with the batter paddle, cream together butter, peanut butter, and sugars.
Next, beat in egg, milk, and vanilla.
In a separate bowl sift together, flour, baking soda, salt.
Beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture.
Use a cookie scoop to measure out one-inch dough balls. Drop the dough balls into granulated sugar.
I used spoons to cover the dough balls with sugar.
Place the sugar-coated dough balls on a cookie sheet spacing them 2″ apart.
Using the back of the fork press the dough to flatten. Then do it again crossing the first lines.
Backe cookies for 8 to 10 minutes. The cookies are done when the bottoms are slightly brown.
Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375-degree F
- Using a stand mixer cream together butter, peanut butter, and sugar.
- Beat in egg, milk, and vanilla
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowing add the flour mixture into the butter mixture
- Using a cookie scoop measure out one-inch balls of dough.
- Roll dough into a tight ball
- Then, roll the dough ball in a small bowl of granulated sugar
- Place balls of dough on a cookie sheet spacing 2" apart
- Using the back of a fork, press down the dough balls and then press the fork in the dough the again forming a cirss cross with the fork indentations
- Place baking sheet in a 375-degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes
- The cookies are done when the bottoms are light brown
- Remove pan and allow cookies to cool completely on a wire rack
These cookies are best served with a cold glass of milk!
Want a Stress-Free Holiday???
Want to enjoy all the holiday season has to offer? Feeling overwhelmed?
Join me as we enjoy a stress-free holiday season with a ton of inspiration, money-saving ideas for decorating, gift-giving, and so much more. Join HERE! And have the best of everything this holiday. Have a Merry Christmas, and enjoy all the blessings of the season!
Thank you for your visit today. I hope you found some sweet inspiration.
Ps. Please feel free to share this post.