Baking cookies is one of my favorite holiday traditions. There are a few old family favorite cookie recipes that I have to bake. Peanut Butter Blossoms is one of those recipes.
They are easy and simply delicious. Let’s bake someone happy.
Ingredients in Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
These are the ingredients you will need to make these cookies. The full printable recipe can be found farther down.
- Flour: All purpose flour works for this recipe. This recipe does not require a lot of flour because the peanut butter acts as a binder and more flour would actually make the cookies dry.
- Baking soda: Aids in the cookies rising properly.
- Salt: Enhances the flavor.
- Butter: Make sure your butter is at room temperature before starting. Butter acts a structural component as well as a fundamental flavor profile.
- Peanut butter: This is the star of the whole show. It is our main flavor and it adds structure to the cookies.
- Granulated sugar: Added for sweetness and enhances browning.
- Brown sugar: Added for sweetness and extra softness.
- Egg: The main binder in the cookies.
- Milk: Adds moisture and fat.
- Vanilla: Adds flavor and color.
This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you purchase from one of these links, I will make a small commission, but rest assured, you will not pay more for any products.
*For your convenience, I have gathered all my baking must-haves for you.
Baking Supplies You Will Need
Step by Step Photos Making the Peanut Butter Blossoms
The recipe card and be found below, but these step by step photos will help guide you through the process.
Start by placing butter, peanut butter, and sugars in a large bowl and cream together. Next, add milk and vanilla to the butter mixture. Then add the egg and beat to blend.
In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture. This will create a very soft dough.
Scoop the dough with a cookie scoop and then shape dough into a ball.
Now roll the dough balls in sugar evenly coating the surface of the ball.
Place your sugar coated dough balls on a nonstick lined cookie sheet two inches apart.
**Special invitation to join the VIP list and receive freebies, inspiration, and more. Please join HERE.
Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and lightly press a Hershey Kiss in center of each cookie and return to the oven for an additional two minutes. Remove your fresh baked cookies from the oven and place on a cooling rack and now they are ready to be enjoyed!
Questions you might have
- Why are my peanut butter blossoms coming out dry: If your peanut butter blossom cookies are coming out too dry you are most likely using too much flour.
- How long do peanut Butter blossoms stay fresh? These cookies are good for about 5 days after baking and should be stored in an air tight container at room tempature and away from direct sunlight.
- How many calories are in peanut butter blossoms? There is about 113 calories in each cookie.
- Can I make these with different nut butters? Yes, you can use any nut butter you want just expect a crumblier cookie.
Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbls milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 36 Hershey Kisses
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Unwrap 36 Hershey Kisses
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Cream together shortening, and peanut butter
- Gradually add sugars.
- Then, add egg, milk, and vanilla.
- Scoop dough with a cookie scoop and roll into balls.
- Place ¾ cup of granulated sugar in a shallow bowl.
- Roll each dough ball in the sugar to coat. Please dough balls on a Silpat lined cookie sheet. Placing them 2" apart.
- Bake for 8 minutes
- Remove the pan from the oven and place one Hershey Kiss in the center of each cookie (pressing lightly) and return the pan to oven and bake 2 more minutes.
- Place baked cookies on a cooling rack.
You Might Also Like These Cookie Recipes
Serving a giant cookie as a cookie cake can be fun and festive.
These Russian Tea Cakes melt in your mouth deliciousness is how I would describe these wonderful cookies.
Want a Stress-Free Holiday???
Want to enjoy all the holiday season has to offer? Feeling overwhelmed?
Join me as we enjoy a stress-free holiday season with a ton of inspiration, money-saving ideas for decorating, gift-giving, and so much more. Join HERE! And have the best of everything this holiday. Have a Merry Christmas, and enjoy all the blessings of the season!
Thank you for your visit today. I hope you found some sweet inspiration.
Ps. Please feel free to share this post.
Tuesday 14th of February 2023
I followed the instructions to the letter, and the results were great! When I placed the kisses on top of the cookies, they were somewhat puffed and tasted so delicious! Tomorrow, I will bring these cookies to my coworkers slope unblocked. I am confident that they will also enjoy them!
Friday 11th of November 2022
Instantly removing this recipe from my Sweet board!!! I followed the recipe exactly and these peanut butter blossoms turned out flat and resembled a witch hat more than a cookie. Keep searching if you’re looking for the perfect peanut butter blossom. Disappointing!
Tuesday 20th of September 2022
These cookies with peanut butter and chocolate are fantastic. Very nice. drift boss
Monday 19th of September 2022
In your mouth melting I would characterize these beautiful cookies as delightful. flagle
Wednesday 24th of November 2021
This chocolate chip cookie looks so appetizing and delicious. I will learn to make this cake. cookie clicker