Hello Fall! It’s almost October so its not too early to get inspired to make some new Halloween decor!One of my favorite things to make for this spooky holiday are Halloween signs. These are fun to make and the options are endless!!!
My favorite outdoor signs for Halloween are the tall porch signs. I use the smaller ones for indoor decorating.
Halloween tall porch signs
I made the orange sign with paints and my daughter, Olivia, from Oliviaohern.com made the black sign and she used her Cricut Maker to cut with vinyl for the BOO you can see how she did that in her front porch boo sign post.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you purchase from one of the these links I will make a small commission, but rest assured you will not pay more for any products.
- Board 1 x 6 Cut to 48″ long
- Chalk paint orange, black and white
- Sharpie black medium paint marker
- Transfer paper
- Paint brush
- Sand paper
- Palm sander
- BOO download printout
- Painter’s tape
- Cut board to size and sand
- Paint board and allow to dry
- Print out BOO pattern
- Tape together the BOO pattern
- Center the pattern over the painted board with the transfer paper sandwiched between the two. Note: make sure the transferring side is facing the board.
- Using painter’s tape tape down in a couple of places.
- Using a ball point pen trace the BOO onto the board.
- Lift the pattern and transfer paper
- Paint inside the BOO lines allow to dry
- If you would like to add a drop shadow use a black sharpie to make those lines allow to dry
- Next sand the corner and edges for a modern rustic farmhouse style sign (optional)
- Last step is to apply wax and polish
Indoor Halloween signs Rae Dunn Inspired
These simple and cute Halloween signs are so quick to make. See how I made these in an earlier post.
Thank you so much for visiting today. I hope you found some inspiration also I would like to invite you to join my Fall Inspiration Newsletter so you don’t miss anything.
More fall decor ideas:
One of my favorites is the Easy Sew Pumpkins from Goodwill shirts
Buffalo Check Pumpkin Pillow Applique DIY