The best part of summer evenings is making s’mores over a fire. However, weather and time don’t always allow for building a fire, so making s’mores dip in the oven is the next best thing.
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase from one of these links, I will make a small commission.
This recipe could not be easier, so let’s get cooking.
S’mores Dip Recipe Ingredients
- Chocolate – For this recipe, I used milk chocolate candy bars; however, you can use dark chocolate or white chocolate bars. You can use milk chocolate chips as well.
- Marshmallows – I used regular large-sized marshmallows for this recipe. You can use the smaller ones. I don’t recommend the huge square ones since it would be difficult to scoop out the dip with a cracker.
- Graham crackers – Graham crackers are traditionally used to make s’mores, but why not try pretzel rods, vanilla wafers, Ritz crackers, cinnamon graham crackers, fruit, and potato chips?
How to Make S’ mores Dip
This recipe only takes minutes to make, but enjoying it while still warm is best. Therefore, wait until you are ready to serve to pop it in the oven.
First Step – Chocolate
Select a pan or baking dish according to the amount of dip you would like to make.
I like to use an iron skillet since it can be used with the broiler and the oven.
Grease the bottom and sides of your pan; however, you can omit this step using a seasoned iron skillet.
Next, place about two layers of broken chocolate bars in the bottom of your pan.
Second Step – Marshmallows
Place the marshmallows over the chocolate bars in an upright fashion.
Third Step – Baking
Bake for eight to 10 minutes in a preheated 400 F degree oven or until the toasted marshmallows are golden brown.
If you want your marshmallows darker, then put the pan under the broiler for a few seconds. Watch the marshmallows until they are the color you want.
If you are like me and like your marshmallow on the dark side, you can leave the pan under the broiler for a few seconds longer.
Serving Suggestions for S’mores Dip
If you are hankering for some chocolaty deliciousness, you might want to make a one-serving dip. You can use a ramekin dish or a similar heat-proof dish. If you are making this treat for a crowd, then you can use a 9 x 13″ pan.
Make it special by serving it with pretzel rods, vanilla wafers, Ritz crackers, cinnamon graham crackers, fruit, and potato chips. It is a crowd-pleaser.
S’ mores Dip
- 3.5 oz chocolate candy bar
- 20 large marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease the bottom and sides of your pan; however, you can omit this step using a seasoned iron skillet.
- Place about two layers of broken chocolate bars in the bottom of your pan.
- Arrange marshmallows over the chocolate bars in an upright fashion.
- Bake for eight to 10 minutes in a preheated 400 F degree oven or until the toasted marshmallows are golden brown.
Want to enjoy all the holiday season has to offer but find it overwhelming? Join me for a stress-free holiday season with tons of inspiration and money-saving ideas for decorating, gift-giving, and more. Join HERE! And have the best of everything this holiday.
Ps. This post was shared on Between Naps on The Porch.