Pork Tenderloin and Zoodle Medley:
Pork tenderloin and zoodle (zucchini spirals) medley is a fast and easy meal. Tenderloin roasts are inexpensive and healthy too. Serve slices of the tenderloin roast with a side of zoodle medley and a spinach salad. Healthy never tasted so good.
If you are like me and trying to lower your fat and calorie intake this meal will fit that bill. I have removed wheat and sugar from my diet and I am feeling great. I have added more lean meat, vegetables and fruits to meals.
Become an insider by subscribing below and get all our posts delivered to your inbox.
Tender juicy pork tenderloin baked with fresh oregano and garlic. A three ounce serving of pork tenderloin has only 122 calories, 22 g. protein and 3 g. fat.
Finishing off this meal with fresh berries adds a powerhouse of antioxidants and a wee bit of sweetness.
Zoodle (zucchini sprials) medley adds so much flavor and interest to this meal. Zoodles can be made from many different veggies such as carrots, parsips, sweet potatoes to name a few. They just might get those picky eaters to try some vegetables since they are so fun looking.
Zoodle medley served with creamy, salty, crunchy and fresh toppings.
I purchased the fresh zoodles (zucchini spirals) from the grocery store since they were convenient, but pricey, therefore, I will make my own for the next recipe. There are so many fun recipes you can surprise your family with using a variety of spiral cut vegetables. For more inspiration and recipes you could invest in a zoodle cookbook. To save money on my zoodles and to have them as fresh as possible I will be making my own spiral cut veggies using my KitchenAid mixer attachment. I also found some very inexpensive spiral makers too. My favorite saute pan and tongs will make this recipe a breeze to make.
Zoodles MedleyPrint Recipe
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lg. sweet onion sliced
- 8 oz. fresh baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 1 pkg. fresh zoodles zucchini spiral cut
- 13 3/4 oz. can artichoke hearts quartered drained
- Kalamata pitted olives packed in vinegar
- Feta cheese reduced fat crumbled
- pumpkin seeds raw
- flat leafed Italian parsley chopped
- In a 16" saute pan melt coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and sliced onion and saute 3-4 minutes turning with tongs while it cooks. Once the onions are starting to cook add the sliced mushrooms turning every minute with tongs.
- Cooking until the mushrooms start to brown.
- Add zoodles and toss a few times and cook 2 minutes.
- Then add the drained artichokes cook just long enough to heat.
- Serve with choice of toppings: Kalamato olives, Feta cheese, pumpkin seeds and parsley
Adding toppings you love makes this an amazing low calorie and high fiber recipe.
You Might Also Like:
Thank you so much for stopping by. I love to hear from everyone who pays me a blog visit what they are cooking for dinner?