My favorite one-pot meal is Irish stew. Irish Lamb Stew is nutritious and delicious and requires less than 30 minutes to prep. This hearty recipe served with Irish soda bread is perfect for your company.
Become an insider and have delicious, easy, healthy recipes, crafting, decorating, and more delivered directly to your inbox. Just fill out the form below, and you are on your way:
This quick meal prep starts with easy-to-find ingredients:
Our local grocery store has a beautiful butcher who helped me with the stew meat. I selected a lamb roast and asked the butcher to trim the fat and cut it into stew meat. This is a huge time saver, plus you get leaner stew meat.
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase from one of these links, I will make a small commission, but rest assured; you will not pay more for any products.
Adding a bit of O’ Irish beer creates a richer flavor. However, it can be omitted.
Why Choose Lamb:
Lamb is nutrient-dense such as packing 190 mg, Omega 3, protein 28.4 g., and 243 calories. I found that lamb has many unique nutritional benefits in this interesting article: read about it HERE.
Irish Lamb Stew Recipe:
Irish Lamb Stew
- 3 pounds lamb stew meat cubed
- 3-4 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 large sweet onions chopped
- 3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 11 oz. Guinness Extra Stout
- 32 ounces beef broth or stock
- 6 -inch fresh thyme sprig
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 parsnips sliced
- 6 carrots sliced
- 6 very small potatoes
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Sea Salt
- Italian flat parsley
- I added 1.5 Tablespoons of used coconut oil to a Dutch Oven over medium heat. Fill a one-gallon freezer bag with one-third of the stew meat and sprinkle a tablespoon of flour over the meat. Then close the bag and shake it to coat the meat with the flour. Then add the meat to the heated pan and brown on all sides. Once browned, remove to a platter and repeat with the remaining meat adding more coconut oil as necessary.
- Add chopped onions to the pan and heat until translucent (about 5 minutes), then add tomato paste and cook for one minute.
- Add beer, broth, browned lamb meat, thyme, and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to a simmer for one hour, stirring once during cook time.
- Add vegetables and bring back to boil, then reduce heat, and cover and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Garnish servings with fresh ground pepper, sea salt, and parsley.
Want More Recipes?
Sometimes we all need a little inspiration for easy meals and recipes. So I put together some recipes. I think you will like it.
If you like easy everyday recipes, you might enjoy my favorite recipes delivered straight to your inbox. Click HERE.
Pin For Later:
Special Notes Irish Lamb Stew
I did not cook the potatoes in the Irish lamb stew; instead, I cooked them separately in boiling water, adding them to individual servings. Since I do not eat white potatoes, I omitted them because of my anti-inflammatory diet.
Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you enjoy this easy and praiseworthy recipe.
Sometimes I need a little inspiration for easy meals and recipes.
Therefore, I put together some recipes I think you will like. If you want easy everyday recipes, you might enjoy my favorite recipes delivered straight to your inbox. Click HERE.