Irish Lamb Stew:
Irish Lamb Stew is nutritious, delicious and requires less than 30 minutes to prep. This hearty recipe served with Irish soda bread is perfect for company.
Become an insider and have delicious, easy and healthy recipes, crafting, decorating and more delivered directly to your inbox. Just fill out the form below and you are on your way:
This quick meal prep starts with easy to find ingredients:
Publix grocery store has a wonderful butcher who helped me out with the stew meat. I selected a lamb roast and asked the butcher to trim off the fat and cut it into stew meat. This is a huge time saver plus you get leaner stew meat.
This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you purchase from one of the these links I will make a small commission, but rest assured you will not pay more for any products.
Adding a bit O’ Irish beer creates a richer flavor, however, it can be omitted.
Why Choose Lamb:
Lamb is nutrient dense. Packing 190 mg. Omega 3, protein 28.4 g., and calories 243. I found that lamb has many unique nutritional benefits in this interesting article: read about it HERE.
Irish Lamb Stew Recipe:
- 3 pounds lamb stew meat cubed
- 3-4 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 large sweet onions chopped
- 3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 11 oz. Guinness Extra Stout
- 32 ounces beef broth or stock
- 6 inch fresh thyme sprig
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 parsnips sliced
- 6 carrots sliced
- 6 very small potatoes
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Sea Salt
- Italian flat parsley
- Using a Dutch oven heat 1.5 Tablespoons coconut oil over medium heat. Fill a one-gallon freezer bag with one third of the stew meat and sprinkle a tablespoon of flour over meat then close bag and shake it to coat the meat with the flour. Then add the meat to the heated pan and brown on all sides. Once browned remove to a platter and repeat 2 more times with the remaining meat adding more coconut oil as necessary.
- Add chopped onions to the pan and heat until translucent (about 5 minutes) then add tomato paste and cook for an additional one minute.
- Add beer, broth, browned lamb meat, thyme, and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to a simmer for one hour stirring once during cook time.
- Then add vegetables bring back to boil then reduce heat and cover and simmer for 25 to minutes.
- Garnish servings with fresh ground pepper, sea salt, and parsley.
Pin For Later:
Special Notes Irish Lamb Stew:
I did not cook the potatoes in the Irish lamb stew, instead I cooked them separately in a pot of boiling water adding them to individual servings. Since I do not eat white potatoes, I omitted them because of my anti-inflammatory diet.
I attended a cooking demonstration last night and I watched the instructor use a paring knife to slice veggies. It would have taken her half the time if she had used the proper knife. Meal prep is a joy to me as long as I have the proper tools to get the job done efficiently. This video shows the proper way to cut carrots. Please notice the knife.
You might also like:
Thank you so much for stopping by I hope you enjoy this easy and praiseworthy recipe. Please subscribe below so you don’t miss out on any amazing recipes.
I enjoy making new friends and visiting with old friends too, so please leave me a comment below and let me know what’s on your menu for tonight.