Summer is the best time of year for enjoying fun outdoor parties and relaxing in the garden with a good book. Hanging baskets add easy beautification without any digging or weeds. So why not add a few to your outdoor sanctuary? Follow my easy step by step instructions (grab your printable guide) and you will be delighted with the results.
This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you purchase from one of these links I will make a small commission, but rest assured you will not pay more for any products.
Trellis with hanging planter baskets
My idea for the added hanging baskets happened the moment I finished the trellis and I realized it needed more. See the photo below.
I love the look of the lanterns, but it was still missing something.
Hanging Baskets Shopping List
- Choose plants that will grow in the area where you plan to hang the planter baskets (shade plants for shady locations, etc.)
- The high-quality potting soil
- Plastic tray
- Watering frog or another watering device
- Hanging planter baskets with coconut liners
- Hanger (hook)
Note: Please grab your Ultimate Step by Step Hanging Basket Guide with the form HERE.
My makeshift portable potting table is my favorite way to the garden since it makes it so easy to move my gardening items to the area where I am working.
Supplies and tools:
Please check out my Garden Shop HERE for more of my favorite gardening must-haves.
Step by Step Hanging Baskets
- Purchase or gather plants, soil, tools, planter baskets, hooks, watering devices, seeds (see the above lists)
- Setup your makeshift potting bench (or use a real one)
- I place the basket on the top of the “table” and start by adding the plastic drip tray then I add the tall plants in the center with a little soil
- Then I add the flowering plants to add a little more soil to hold in place
- Next, I add the plants that will spill over the edge of the basket
- Fill in any areas that need more soil
- I like to add some seeds too
- Last I add a watering device
- Hang and enjoy
- Tip: water often!
Wall baskets are another form of a flower basket, but they can be a challenge to fill since they tend to fall over while filling them. So I use individual flower pots to manage them. Placing them in my portable potting table (wheelbarrow) using the potting soil bags to help keep it upright so it is easy-peasy to fill them.
I cannot wait until the flower seeds start to grow!
I built this trellis years ago and forgot about it, but this year I decided to add some hanging baskets on it too.
Adding a beautiful trellis, plantings, and hanging planter baskets give your home instant curb appeal and make your garden a sanctuary to be enjoyed by your family and visitors. Additionally, the yard and garden updates add value to your property value too. See how my view turned from boring to dreamy in a few easy steps.
Notice in the photo below the old trellis is given a new life with the hanging baskets. I selected the tall center plant because of its color and height.
You can see in the photo below the morning glory starting to climb the chain. I cannot wait to see it in a month I will add a few more photos in a month to show the growth of the plantings.
Sharing is Caring Please Pin
That was so much fun sharing my love of hanging baskets and now on with the tour.
Garden Tour Stops:
That was a whirlwind of inspiration and motivation! Thank you for your visit today. Are you as excited as I am about adding some easy DIY to your yard and garden? Let me know in the comments below.
See you soon