These amazing bar cookies have a classic chocolate chip cookie dough crust with a light and fluffy cheesecake center topped with another chocolate chip cookie dough layer.
This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you purchase from one of these links, I will make a small commission, but rest assured, you will not pay more for any products. Read more here.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
This dessert recipe is super easy and quick to make, and everyone loves them, so make a double batch.
They are perfect for gifts, holidays, parties, and Christmas.
- Refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough (place in the freezer)
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- Cutting board
- French chef’s knife (this is the one that I used).
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Baking pan
- Non-stick foil
- 9×13″ pan (this is the one I used)
- Wire cooling rack
🧑🍳 For your convenience, I have gathered all my baking must-haves for you HERE.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Place the refrigerated cookie dough in the freezer for a few hours.
Allow cream cheese to soften.
Sit one large egg out until it is room temperature.
Line a 13×9″ pan with parchment paper or non-stick foil (this is the one I used).
Use a sharp knife, slice half the cookie dough into 1/4″ slices, and place it at the prepared pan’s bottom.
Press the cookie dough into the pan.
Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 10 minutes.
While the “crust” is baking, beat cream cheese, egg, sugar, and vanilla together with an electric mixer on medium speed. Spread the cheesecake batter over the crust as soon as it comes out of the oven.
Spread the cheesecake filling over the baked chocolate chip crust.
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
- 40 oz Refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 16 oz Cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place the cookie dough in the freezer for a few hours.
- Allow cream cheese to soften.
- Sit one large egg out until it is room temperature.
- Line a 13x9" pan with parchment paper or non-stick foil.
- Slice half the cookie dough into 1/4" slices and place it in the bottom of the lined pan.
- Press the cookie dough into the pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 10 minutes
- While the "crust" is baking, beat cream cheese, egg, sugar, and vanilla together with an electric mixer on medium speed. Spread the cheesecake batter over the crust as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- Slice the remaining cookie dough and place it on the top of the cheesecake layer.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool then, refrigerate before serving.
Slice the remaining cookie dough and place it on the top of the cheesecake layer.
Return the pan to the oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
Cool pan on a wire rack then, refrigerate before serving.
Remove cooled cookies using the liner (foil or parchment paper) and place them on a cutting board.
Cut into squares to serve. Refrigerate any leftovers.
How to Store Cheesecake Bar Cookies
After cutting them into squares, I place them in an air-tight container with squares of parchment paper between them and refrigerate.
You might also enjoy these recipes:
Chocolate Chip Bar Cookies are so simple to make but even better to eat!
Sometimes we all need a little inspiration for easy meals and recipes. So I put together some recipes. I think you will like it.
If you like easy everyday recipes, you might enjoy my favorite recipes delivered straight to your inbox click HERE.
See you soon,
Monday 23rd of May 2022
These bars look simply fabulous! And low in calories, right?
Friday 20th of May 2022
Mmmm yes please! I love cheesecake and my hubs love chocolate chip anything. This is the perfect duo and I can’t wait to try it.
Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com
Saturday 12th of June 2021
This looks good! I don't know if we have the ready made chocolate chip cookie dough here in the UK, I've never seen it before but I will keep a lookout for it. I guess I could always make my own chocolate chip mix anyway if it's not a thing here.
Friday 11th of June 2021
A chocolate chip cookie 'crust'??? Yes, Yes, Yes!! Sign me up!! These look easy and delicious! Pinning!
Monday 14th of June 2021
Thank you so much for your visit today. I hope you enjoy these easy and delicious bar cookies too. Have a great week, Kippi
Wednesday 9th of June 2021
Yum, yum Kippi! I'll have to see if we have cookie dough here in Australia, so I can try it. Thank you for sharing this recipe at Create, Bake, Grow & Gather this week. I'm delighted to be featuring your chocolate chop cheesecake bars at the party tomorrow and pinning too. Hugs, Kerryanne