If you enjoy moist and delicious pumpkin bread, I think you are going to love this recipe. This is my favorite pumpkin recipe. It is easy and fast to whip up in one bowl.
This post may contain affiliate links. That means that if you purchase from one of these links, I will make a small commission.
You can save this recipe to your Pinterest with this PIN.
How to Make Pumpkin Bread
When making this recipe, I like to use my stand mixer; however, you can use a hand mixer or mix by hand. You only need one bowl and a loaf pan.
Pumpkin Loaf Ingredients
- 1 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Optional ingredients: add 1/2 cup of either chopped nuts, chocolate chips, or dried cranberries.
The ingredients are simple pantry staples. You can use whole cinnamon nutmeg cloves, and ginger in place of the pumpkin pie spice.
Tools and Supplies
You can find all my must-have baking essentials HERE.
In a medium bowl, mix the wet ingredients: pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, and milk.
Then slowly add in the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
Pour the pumpkin bread batter into your prepared pan (s).
Bake bread for 60 minutes in a preheated 350-degree oven for a large loaf pan. Test doneness when a toothpick inserted in the center and comes out clean.
Remove the bread from the oven and place on a cooling rack for 15 minutes. Then turn out and allow to cool to room temperature before storing.
Delicious Serving Ideas
Serve pumpkin bread with butter and pumpkin spice latte. This cozy fall favorite is a wonderful snack anytime.
Another serving suggestion is to frost with cream cheese frosting for a sweet treat. This bread is perfectly used for french toast served with butter and maple syrup.
Special note: I want to invite you to join me for a Stress-Free Thanksgiving. When you join my weekly Thanksgiving Guide, you will receive everything you need to plan and host a stress-free Thanksgiving. Click here to join me, and let’s plan a stress-free Thanksgiving.
- 1¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tablespoon milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan (9 x 5)
- In a medium mixer bowl mix together, add pumpkin, sugar, oil, eggs, and milk.
- Slowly add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Stir until combined. Do not over stir.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and place in the oven.
- Bake for 55- 60 minutes.
- Test doneness with a toothpick.
- Allow bread to cool for 15 minutes in the pan then turn out onto a cooling rack.
You might also enjoy these easy recipes
This vintage recipe is a family favorite. My aunt used to make this delicious pumpkin cake recipe.
Another favorite pumpkin recipe is this easy pumpkin spice latte you can make at home.
If you like to give baked goods for Christmas gifts, you will also like this super easy and delicious cranberry nut bread recipe.
If you like easy everyday recipes, then you might enjoy my favorite recipes delivered straight to your inbox; click HERE.
Thank you so much for your visit today. I hope you have found some inspiration.