Stuffed peppers make an easy one-serving sized package that delivers classic comfort food goodness. When I was a child we only had stuffed bell peppers when someone special was joining us for dinner. This recipe is so simple, but it is special too. This is the only recipe one you need to make stuffed peppers.
Stuffed Pepper Recipe
This recipe has a combination of readily available ingredients and only takes about 20 minutes to prep. Thus making it the perfect recipe for weeknight suppers too.
This post contains affiliate links. In other words, if you purchase from one of these links I will make a small commission. However, you can rest assured you will not pay more for any products.
- Cutting board
- Chef knife
- Bamboo spoon
- Mixing Bowl
- My favorite garlic press
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Casserole dish (baking dish) or Instant Pot
After you gather your ingredients and supplies you are ready to preheat your oven if baking your peppers.
First, mince or use a garlic press then add the garlic to the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
While the onions and garlic are cooking. Prepare your green peppers (or multi-color peppers) by cutting off the tops and removing seeds and membranes. I like to use cooked rice and any rice will work, however, brown rice usually takes longer to cook.
Once your onions and garlic mixture is ready and your rice is cooked place all stuffing ingredients in a bowl. I used either lean ground beef or ground turkey.
Note, you can substitute tomato sauce or marinara sauce for diced tomatoes. Add Italian seasonings, salt, and pepper to taste.
Add 1 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese and mix by hand or with a spoon. Fill each pepper with an even amount of the meat mixture.
Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers Cooking Method
I thought I would try out cooking half of the pepper in the oven and another half in the Instant Pot.
If you are cooking your peppers in your Instant Pot you will need to add 1/2 cup to the inner pot then place the peppers on the rack.
Lock the lid and then press manual and set time to 9 minutes on high. Let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, and then do a quick release. Top the peppers with remaining cheese and place lid back on to allow the cheese to melt.
- 1½ tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 6 Peppers Green, red, orange or yellow
- 1 pound Ground beef Or ground turkey
- 2 cups Cooked rice white or brown rice
- 1 Egg
- 1 can 15 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 ¾ cups Shredded Sharp cheddar cheese Divided
- Preheat oven 350° (if using an oven)
- Mince or press garlic and chop onion.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and saute onions and garlic until onions are transparent. Add to the mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients (reserve 1 cup of the shredded cheese for tops)
- Place filled peppers in a casserole dish and cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160°.
- Take the peppers out of the oven and remove the foil and sprinkle the reserved cheese on pepper tops and place them back in the oven for 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
Sometimes we all need a little inspiration for easy meals and recipes. I put together some recipes I think you will like. If you like easy everyday recipes then you might enjoy my favorite recipes delivered straight to your inbox click HERE.
Thank you so much for your visit today. I hope you have found some inspiration.
Friday 19th of February 2021
Yum! These are so good! I love that you can make them in the Instant Pot! Thanks for sharing!
Friday 19th of February 2021
These stuffed bell peppers are delicious!
Tuesday 28th of April 2020
looks so yummy and filling love that it is easy and quick to cook as well come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com
Monday 27th of April 2020
These look delicious - and I pinned the recipe! Thank you for sharing... coming over from Metamorphosis Monday!