If you are looking for an easy and healthy recipe for air fryer cabbage, this is it.
How to Make Air Fryer Cabbage
Air fryer cabbage is an easy and healthy side dish to make. Using the air fryer to cook cabbage, it turns out tender, crisp, and perfect.
Measuring cups and spoons
Air Fryer Cabbage Ingredients
One head of cabbage
¼ cup olive oil
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1/8 tsp garlic powder (optional)
To begin this recipe, I remove any outer leaves that look wilted or damaged.
Next, I place the cabbage on a cutting board with the core side down.
Then I cut the cabbage into quarters and chop out the core. I cut cabbage quarters into 1-inch pieces.
Next, transfer the cabbage into a colander and rinse.
Allow draining until the cabbage is no longer soggy.
Transfer the chopped cabbage to a large bowl, drizzle on the oil, and toss to coat.
Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer half the cabbage to an oiled fryer basket and cook the cabbage in the air fryer at 400 degrees F for 16-18 minutes.
Be sure to stir a few times to be sure the cabbage is cooking evenly and not burning.
Once the first half is finished, remove it from the basket and place it in a serving bowl, then repeat the process for the second half of the cabbage.
Air Fried Cabbage Serving Suggestions
Corn beef and cabbage are traditionally served for St. Patrick’s Day; however, it can be enjoyed any time of year.
Cooked cabbage is also delicious, topped with crispy bacon and/or cheese.
Air Fryer Cabbage
- 1 each cabbage (head)
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Remove any outer leaves that are damaged.
- Cut the cabbage into quarters.
- Remove the core.
- Chop each quarter into 1-inch pieces.
- Place prepared cabbage in a colander and rinse. Drain.
- Next, transfer the drained cabbage to a large bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over the cabbage and toss until coated.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place half of the cabbage mixture in the air fryer basket-cook at 400 degrees F for 16 to 18 minutes. Stir several times during cooking.
Cabbage is a low-calorie food and a good source of potassium, folate, and vitamin K. Cabbage also provides calcium, iron, vitamin A, and vitamin C.