This easy mealtime recipe is my go-to recipe for busy days. Pulled pork cooked in the Instant Pot is juicy and tender. It has the same slow-cooked taste without the time.
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you purchase from one of these links, I will make a small commission, but rest assured, you will not pay more for any products.
Instant Pot Pulled Pork Recipe
Pulled pork is perfect for easy meals, backyard picnics, family gathers, etc. It only takes a few minutes to prep.
- 4-pound Pork Shoulder or pork butt
- 2 Tablespoons dry rub (this is the one I used)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup barbeque sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Instant Pot (this is the one I used)
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Serving platter
🍳 For your convenience, I have gathered all my cooking must-haves HERE.
Trim the fat from the pork shoulder and cut it into four equal pieces.
Using your hands, rub the butt rub into the meat.
Add two Tablespoons of olive oil to the Instant Pot and set it to saute’.
Once the pot is ready, add two pork and saute pieces for two minutes on each side.
Place the sauteed meat on a tray and repeat the process with the last two pieces of meat.
Remove the meat and place it on the tray.
Add half a cup of chicken stock to deglaze the pot. Then Press cancel on the pot.
Add liquid smoke to the remaining chicken stock and stir.
Whisk in the barbecue sauce into the chicken stock cooking liquid.
Place the seared meat into the pot.
Pour the chicken stock mixture over the seared meat and secure the lid on the pot.
Select high-pressure cook (cooking time is 15 minutes per pound). Natural release 10 minutes.
Use two forks to shred cooked pork.
Instant Pot Pulled Pork
- 4 pounds pork shoulder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butt rub
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Trim the pork shoulder and cut it into 4 pieces.
- Using your hands, rub the dry butt rub into the meat.
- Add the olive oil to your Instant Pot set it onto the saute' setting.
- Once it is hot, add two of the pieces of the seasoned meat and sear for two minutes on each side. Then remove the seared meat to a platter.
- Repeat the process with the last two pieces of meat.
- Add 1/2 cup of the chicken broth to the pot to deglaze. Then Press cancel on the pot.
- Whisk together remaining chicken stock, barbeque sauce, and liquid smoke.
- Place the meat back into the Instant Pot and pour the chicken stock mixture over the meat.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and be sure the vent is set to sealing.
- Set the pot to pressure cook/manual on the high-pressure setting (cook 15 minutes per pound)
- Natural release 10 minutes.
What Cut of Meat is Best for Pulled Pork
My favorite cut of meat for pulled pork is a pork shoulder or Boston butt; however, you can also use pork tenderloin.
Pulled Pork Serving Suggestions
When serving pulled pork, we add BBQ sauce.
Pork sandwiches are delicious served on fresh-baked buns topped with coleslaw.
You might like this delicious slow cooker, or Crockpot pulled pork recipe too.
You might also enjoy these recipes:
Perfect peel Instant Pot hard-boiled eggs. They are the easiest to peel hard-boiled ever!
Sometimes we all need a little inspiration for easy meals and recipes. I put together some recipes. I think you will like it.
If you like easy everyday recipes, you might enjoy my favorite recipes delivered straight to your inbox click HERE.
See you soon,