This decadent moist cake is a favorite at our house. The best part is it only takes a few minutes to whip up this cake. I take this chocolate bundt cake it to potlucks, and church dinners and everyone asks for the recipe.
Nothing Bundt Cakes are so popular I decided to frost our old family bundt cake recipe to look like one (the frosting recipe is in the recipe card). However, this recipe makes the most amazing triple chocolate cupcakes too.
This post contains affiliate links. In other words, if you purchase from one of these links I will make a small commission. However, you can rest assured you will not pay more for any products.
To serve this amazing cake for special occasions I like to serve it on a gorgeous cake stand (this is my favorite).
However, this cake is delicious with a simple dusting of powdered sugar too.
How to Make a Chocolate Cake
This cake is easy and quick to make with ingredients you probably have in your pantry.
Chocolate Cake Ingredients:
- 1 pkg. (4.5 oz) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 pkg Devil’s food cake mix
- 12 oz chocolate chips (dark or semi-sweet)
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 2 eggs
Tools and Supplies:
- Stand mixer (this is the one I use)
- Bundt pan
- Wire cooling rack
- Powdered sugar shaker
- Cake server (this one is my favorite)
When the cake is cool you can dust the top with powdered sugar using one of these.
Best Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 1 pkg Instant Pudding and Pie Filling Chocolate Flavored (4.5 oz)
- 1 pkg Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1 pkg 12 oz chocolate chips (dark or semi-sweet)
- 1 ¾ Cups Milk
- 2 Eggs
Cream Cheese Frosting (calories do not include frosting)
- 16 oz. Cream cheese softened
- ½ cup butter softened
- 3 ¾ cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix by hand until well blended.
- Pour batter into a (greased and floured) bundt pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Place cream cheese and butter in a stand mixer large bowl and beat until smooth
- Add vanilla extract and gradually add in powdered sugar (add 3.5 to 4 cups)
- Spoon the frosting into a one-gallon freezer bag and zip closed
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- Cut off one of the bottom corners and pipe the frosting onto the cake
Triple Chocolate Cupcakes
Sometimes I like to make cupcakes with this recipe. This recipe makes 24 cupcakes. Bake for approximately 20 minutes. You can dust the tops with powdered sugar, frost, or fill and frost!
I use a muffin scoop so they are all the same size.
Sometimes we all need a little inspiration for easy meals and recipes. I put together some recipes I think you will like. If you like easy everyday recipes then you might enjoy my favorite recipes delivered straight to your inbox click HERE.
Thank you so much for your visit today. I hope you have found some inspiration.